[Gllug] re: use of sudo

Tom Taylor ttaylor at fotango.com
Fri Jul 2 11:49:08 UTC 2004

sudo allows users set in a config file (writable only by root (and
sudoers:-)) that specifies what permisions users can have as sudoers.
It allows a controlled set of users to do certain root only things
without having to give them a root login.  Password wise they have to
use their own password when using sudo.

--
Tom Taylor
Systems Administrator