[Gllug] LP jobs owned by root, so CUPS can't cancel them.

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 12:33:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:17:00 +0100
Mike Brodbelt <mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Samba does not use the print command when printing is set to CUPS. For
> cups based printing, Samba is linked against libcupsys when the binaries
> are compiled, and submits jobs by calling cups functions directly.

That might well be the case with the system that is submitting jobs via lpr, which is what I was worrying about. Just goes to show that I'm going at the whole thing from the wrong angle.
Of course, if I could only get even basic authentication to work, none of this would be... oh well.

Do you know of something that might be blocking http authentication? The server is Mac OS X, I'm afraid.

cheers,
Tom
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk