[Gllug] ADSL modem -- WTF?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 14:55:42 UTC 2004

On Thu 15 Jul, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> Have a look at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ where you'll find some good
> reviews of a range of hardware.  However, IME there is no good cheap
> option.  All of the cheap routers that I have tested are only really
> suitable for being used as NAT gateways.  They all seem either to have
> dodgy/incomplete IP implementations or they do hidden bridging tricks
> which bugger up complex IP traffic, making a mess of anything complex
> you try to do behind them.

   My Asus AAM60000EV has all the instructions for full bridging, but I have
only one IP address so am unable to try it. Solwise (in Hull) supply later
models in the range which will probably also do this. They supply a range of
telecomms equipment, and are conveniently based for what was the only
private telecomms area in the UK.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk