[Gllug] Firewall setup Routing

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 14:42:11 UTC 2004

Richard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The recommendations on-list have been for the commercial Smoothwall
> variant. Bear in mind that the commercial Smoothwall is a different
> beast from the free Smoothwall and has a much larger feature set. I
> believe it does support multiple "red" interfaces. You will of course
> have to part with some hard earned, rather than some hard graft.
>
> Richard

Richard,

Any idea who I should talk to at Smoothwall if what you say above is the
case? When I called them to discuss requirements I was told that even
the commercial offering (I don't mind paying) only supports a single red
interface that previously they have configured aliases for routing to
multiple IPs to servers on the Orange where no firewall or NAT takes
place. Their suggestion, which surprised me, was to use two Smoothwall
Express boxes and apply static routes to each workstation.

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk