[Gllug] IE flaws

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 18:57:16 UTC 2004

Yas wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:34:01 +0100, Simon Jakesch
><simon.jakesch at proxima-tech.com> wrote:
>

>>yeah I have to agree. I have tried everything recently to get people away from
>>IE and to eithetr mozilla or firefox. it is furstrating that you show them a
>>better product that is entirely free and they simply don't use it because they
>>are sooooo used to IE.
>>it's ignorance and will never change regardless of how many features IE is
>>missing and firefoz providing... the average user doesn't care about security or
>>tabbed browsing or pop-up blocking. they don't care.
>>

>I think it's more the case that the 'average user' has had IE and
>other MS products stuffed in their faces for so long they can't even
>imagine using anything else. Maybe they even believe spyware, popups
>etc are all normal and have to be put-up with in order to use the
>Internet.
>
>Yas

    The silly thing is that even the 'average user' who sees firefox (or
thunderbird) likes it so much they start using it as soon as they have
it downloaded. 99% of the population could be using Firefox very very
shortly....
    I've introduced several people to firefox at work and they are all
using it and installing it at home. Somthing I can't say about Linux.

Peter.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk