[Gllug] Jobs Sites and Universities [slightly off-topic]

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 04:29:21 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 30 Jun 2004 11:22 pm, Bernard Peek wrote:

> The best developers I ever hired both failed their degrees.

Likewise - the best engineers and programmers I ever hired hadn't been to
University.

These days, many "degrees" are largely worthless since EVERY college of
further educashun is now called a "university"!

I still find it amazing that certain well-known, ostensibly "good"
universities will allow entrants on to engineering courses without 'A'-level
mathematics, not that the 'A'-levels are anything like the standard they used
to be.....

Sorry folks.... rant over!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk