[Gllug] how far do ppl go to live without M$?

Will Napier will at willnapier.com
Sat Jul 31 22:52:52 UTC 2004

>Why not just email the photos to yourself (or your moblog)?

That works fine for files up to 80k. Higher definition ones have to use the usb connector.

>I think you'll find most of us do research on the products we buy
>BEFORE purchase to ensure the kit is open enough to be usable.  For
>example, when buying a digital camera I did enormous amounts of
>research before deciding on the one I wanted.  Part of this research
>was ensuring the file formats were open and usable.

Fair point. Actually I didn't get the phone for its camera - it came as part of an overall deal that was good for other reasons. Then I started to enjoy messing around with the camera. Fortunately it's not too late to take this advice about a digital camera (proper one) when I get round to buying one.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk