[Gllug] How things change

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Fri Jul 23 15:34:42 UTC 2004

Hehe,

are those the panasonic interface matsushita drives? you dont want to
know how many of those i had last year, I inherited them so have no idea
of the cost.

it was kina cool however, that you could run upto 4 of the drives off of
one interface card (in this case it was a SB16 with cdrom interface) and
that if you had several copies of one disk you could perform higher
speed read operations much in the same was as you get when using mirror
RAID drives. you wouldnt get that much performance above the 2x of the
drives but it was 'slightly' faster, especially for initial seeks.

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk