[Gllug] Firewall setup Routing

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 15:22:09 UTC 2004

Hi,

I would like suggestions of a firewall package to handle the following
or an idea of the complexity of rolling my own.

Router 1                           ETH ADSL( internet static IP)
(leased line                                    |
service DHCP)                              |
##################################
#                                                                #
#                Firewall box?                            #
#                                                                #

                Local area network 20 clients

An application used by all the clients will need to communicate via
calls to a single IP address with router 1 all other traffic will go
over the ADSL, all connections/routing will need NAT'ing. Ideally I
would like a package that has regular security patches so I don't have
to continually monitor, configure and update the software myself.

TIA

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk