[Gllug] Jobs Sites and Universities [slightly off-topic]

Simon Jakesch simon.jakesch at proxima-tech.com
Tue Jun 29 17:33:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

I know this is a little off topic, but the experience of the people in here
would be very valuable to me/us.
We are looking at hiring a couple of people within the next weeks. I am supposed
be taking part in this. We've used the same recruiting agency for the last
couple of years, and I've only been in the UK for the last 5 months (so I don't
know where to go).
We are looking for one senior person as well as a junior person, and are
planning on using websites and approach several universities directly. My
questions are:

1. Are there any specific job websites that are specialized for IT personnel?
Does anyone have suggestions/experience with specific job sites? This can be
anything from a good price, to really good people, over some sort of online
pre-interview process. Anything is appreciated since I don't know the UK job
site landscape very well.

2. Which universities would you guys suggest in the west of London (everything
west of the center) with good IT departments and good people graduating from there?

Thanks in advance,
Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk