[Gllug] Jobs Sites and Universities [slightly off-topic]

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Wed Jun 30 21:16:52 UTC 2004

On Wed 30 Jun Bernard Peek wrote:
> As a jobseeker without a degree I'll make a plea to employers to look
> carefully at the brief they give to agencies and to only specify that a
> degree is required if it really is necessary, which shouldn't be so for
> any except junior jobs.

Yep, in a field that moves as quickly as ours degrees are largely
meaningless for a lot of jobs.  The experience of going to university is
valuable, but the actual qualification isn't.  I still look out for
people without degrees, or with thirds.  They are often the ones who'd
spent all their time spodding when they should have been working, and so
are much better hires :)

doug.

--
  http://adju.st/   | "It's like a pair of eyes. You're looking
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD | at the umlaut, and it's looking at you."
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk