[Gllug] Free PC

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Sun Jun 27 22:02:15 UTC 2004

Dear Alex, et. al.,

Why do you ask for trouble by installing computers in
bedrooms?  Bedrooms are designed for humans - Computers
obviously don't belong there - sitting rooms, lounges,
dining rooms, spare rooms, etc. are better suited in my
view/experience.

My wife's home XP machine is in a corner of the dining room,
designated "the office", whose shelves hold the odd manual
or three!  Her machine talks to our router/firewall via
wi-fi as does my Linux laptop from anywhere in the house
(especially from the verandah :-).  The ADSL link just
works.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk