[Gllug] news mirror sites

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Mon Jun 28 13:07:25 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Jones
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 1:54 PM
To: Greater London Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [Gllug] news mirror sites

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 01:23:37PM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> Richard Jones writes:
>
> >I've downloaded and used Putty at Internet cafes in the past.  It
> >doesn't need to be installed - can be double-clicked straight from
> >the desktop.  There is also a Java ssh client called Mindterm.
>
> An Internet cafe that lets you save anything to the desktop/disk?
> Methinks they need to tighten up their configuration a bit...

Rich,
  You can take putty with you on CD or Memory Stick, it doesn't require
any kind of install.  Hmm that said, doesn't Mozilla / Firebird let you
do the same thing?  If so, you could take it with you on a CD/DVD/Memory
Stick as most of the Net Café's I know of will let you place a CD/DVD in
the drive.  For that matter, you might even be able to reboot into Linux
using a Knoppix CD/Memory Stick, however, many Café's would frown on
that.

Andrew Farnsworth

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk