[Gllug] [OT]fire at redbus?

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 22:55:08 UTC 2004

on 15/06/2004 19:46 andy wrote:

> Has anyone heard about the fire at one of the London telehouses today at
> 16:40?  I heard it was redbus?

There might have been a fire, I have a daily log of the CPU temp sent to
me in the morning. Just having a look now, One can see the temp rising
see below, the server normally runs at about 36 during the day, and
heats up at 4 am with all the crons/log rotations.

I know the server went down at approx Jun 15 16:33:42 from the mail log,
and the system restarted at Jun 15 17:20:58. So in total the system was
down for 47 minutes.

[root /root]# cat /tmp/temp.log
20040615 05:34 temperature      : 33
20040615 12:04 temperature      : 36.5
20040615 12:34 temperature      : 36
20040615 13:04 temperature      : 35.5
20040615 13:34 temperature      : 38.5
20040615 14:04 temperature      : 42.5
20040615 14:34 temperature      : 47
20040615 15:04 temperature      : 48
20040615 15:34 temperature      : 46.5
20040615 16:04 temperature      : 46.5
20040615 17:34 temperature      : 35
20040615 18:04 temperature      : 34.5
20040615 23:34 temperature      : 35

This is what my suppliers said:
At approximately  16:45 BST today, a power outage occured in the
Redbus Harbour datacentre, affecting all customers connecting to
Claranet at Redbus harbour exchange and Redbus Meridian gate.

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty, Mega Products Ltd
12 Bury Place, London WC1A 2JL Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk