[Gllug] re spam

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 17:20:03 UTC 2004

Have today temporarily disabled my email filters to see what what junk
is being thrown at me. Most is as expected (drugs, sex, Nigerian scam etc),
but there are a few where the body contains just a string of English words.
I can see that if I try to filter for certain phrases contained in the
body of
an email this would not stop the thing getting through. Some contain a
URL, and I suppose there are people who would 'have a look-see', but is
there any other possible advantage to a spammer (other than
bloodymindedness)?

Any one know why this is done?

John.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk