[Gllug] Introduction (not really relevant to anything, just saying hello)

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jun 22 16:31:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Martin A. Brooks muttered drunkenly:
> On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 17:35, 1351 wrote:
>
>> Hi, I'm Kat, and I'm a North London based Linux user...
>
> Welcome.

Welcome, indeed (feeling severe cognitive dissonance: my sister's name
is Kat...)

>> My current bleeding-edge system (of which I am inordinately proud) is an
>> Acer Aspire 1502LMi laptop with an Athlon 64 processor beating at its
>> dark heart, running Slackware-current (10 rc1) with kernel 2.6.7
>> (And you do not want to know what I had to go through to get the ATI
>> Radeon in this thing working...)
>
> <insert distro war here>

There's no mention of preferred text editor, dammit. How can we have a
proper religious war without text editor info? They knew how to have
a good introductory flame war to drive off the new subscribers in the
old days, *grumble* ;}

(anyone suggesting pico or axe will be summarily laughed at)

--
`We in no way believe that this Christ was a space alien.'
                    --- A creationist website goes completely bonkers
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk