[Gllug] [OT]fire at redbus?

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Jun 15 20:27:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 08:34:29PM +0100, John Winters wrote:
> I don't know about a fire, but there was apparently some sort of power
> outage from 16:45 to about 17:10 which affected a lot of ISPs (including
> the one I use - Andrews and Arnold).  May or may not be the same
> incident.

I've been in the Redbus Harbour exchange building all afternoon,
possibly the best place to be in this weather! They had a little er
"issue" in the NOC, the fire extinguishers came up in conversation and a
couple of machines start alarming but no actual fire was mentioned. We
got ushered out at that point :)

We did have a nice gent come down and tell us that the connectivity had
gone down (went for about fifteen minutes) somewhere between four and
five but the lights never dimmed, the internal doors worked and most
importantly the vending machine was up so it wasn't anything major.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk