[Gllug] [OT?] Please sign my Google petition ...

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 23:46:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 11:09, Doug Winter wrote:
> On Thu 10 Jun David Damerell wrote:
> > Quite right. The alternative position boils down to the idea that the
> > developer knows better than me what I like, which is patently absurd.
>
> But it's not you they are building the site for - it's the marketing
> team that's paying them that they build it for :)

Not at all: I built the DLF site for the users and for the satisfaction
from doing my best to meet the challenge of creating a highly accessible
site that doesn't look terrible.  Of course I was paid to do so, but I'm
the in-house 'expert' so if I'd said "that's as accessible as I can make
it", at any time, I'd not have been questioned.

I do object to the inference that I'm not in my right mind because I set
my font sizes using keywords instead of percentages :o)

Richard.

--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

FB53 8184 E61F 3604 FBF3  4CCB EF07 2942 30F2 739E