[Gllug] [OT?] Please sign my Google petition ...

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Jun 7 14:46:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 03:11:06PM +0100, Amias Channer wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:06:56 +0100
> Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:
>
> > ... if you believe in it, of course.
> >
> > http://www.PetitionOnline.com/googhtml/petition.html
>
> where you say :
> "The next version of Windows will do away with these standards altogether,
> replacing them with a proprietary version of HTML which will require
> expensive Microsoft-only browsers and servers. "
>
> A link a source for that info would be usefull otherwise it does end up
> sounding a bit rhetorical ( i don't doubt if for a second BTW) and may
> put people off signing .

Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can edit petitions after
they've been put online.  Doh!

You might want to have a look around on the web for some articles
about XAML.  Amazingly this is already being called the "de-facto"
choice for implementing web applications, despite (a) not being
available, and (b) XUL already existing.

Rich.

"One serious obstacle to the adoption of good programming languages is
the notion that everything has to be sacrificed for speed. In computer
languages as in life, speed kills." -- Mike Vanier
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk