[Gllug] Re: [linuxjobs] Cypher: help requested

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Jun 1 16:41:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 05:39:31PM +0100, Rich Walker wrote:
> Note that, since ITV contains no information, d(compressed)/dt is
> proportional to log(t):
>
> You watched ITV for 24 hours   - 29
> You watched ITV for 168 hours  - 30
> You watched ITV for 8760 hours - 31
>
> Hmm. Maybe I've unravelled his compression algorithm.

It ties in with another thing he said about the amount of compression
being related to the amount of processing power available.  Obviously
to interpret those strings we're going to need computers with
Artificial Intelligence => lots of computing power ...

Rich.

MOD_CAML lets you run type-safe Objective CAML programs inside the Apache
webserver. http://www.merjis.com/developers/mod_caml/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk