[Gllug] Limdledon

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jun 16 12:08:38 UTC 2004

This one time, at band camp, Chris Bell wrote:

>    There is a small army of people working alternate shifts (something like
> hour on/hour off) who have to enter the data all day every day for two
> weeks, and then possibly travel on as a team to cover many of the
> professional sports events around the world.

Speaking of which, what automatic data collection do they do?
Watching the Stella on the weekend, they seemed to be able to call up
a diagram showing the landing location of all the first and second
serves (to compare them).  How do they do this?

I presume the serve speed is from a speed radar, but when I was at
Queen's last week on Centre Court, I couldn't see where it could
possibly be located.  Any ideas?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

  "After watching my newly-retired dad spend two weeks
  learning how to make a new folder, it became obvious
  that "intuitive" mostly means "what the writer or
  speaker of intuitive likes".
- Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, on X the
  intuitiveness of a Mac interface
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk