[Gllug] export DISPLAY in .bashrc

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Thu Jun 17 12:56:22 UTC 2004

I've been googling around for how to set the display upon login.

Basically I have someone who uses $BIZARRE_X_SERVER_FOR_WINDOWS and
ssh's to a box with putty. I'd like bashrc to set the display to the ip
address they log in from if they do so remotely and otherwise leave it
alone.

And I can't find anything quite relevant googling around...

Maybe there is some nicer way of doing this with putty a la how 'ssh -X'
would? I don't have a windows box to try it out though...

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk