[Gllug] Linux graphics card

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 12:12:26 UTC 2004

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> Matrox G450.  Can't beat 'em for clarity, crispness and driver support.

I get funny flickering effects sometimes in overlay video on mine when
running at high resolutions (1600x1200 pr 2048x1536).

Don't know if it's the card or the motherboard though - happens on both
an Abit BP6 w/2x400MHz celerons and a KT7-RAID w/1.1 Duron

Also, it runs damn hot (this is the 32Mb DDR version). I have the urge
to strap a fan to that seemingly immovable heatsink.

The Matrox drivers haven't been updated in a long time, either (not sure
about the XFree ones).

Still, I like it :)

--
Russell Howe