[Gllug] [OT?] Please sign my Google petition ...

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Jun 9 11:58:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 12:02:19PM +0100, Richard wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 11:56:19AM +0100, Tethys wrote:
> > >#mytable {
> > >  width: 60%;
> > >  margin-left: auto;
> > >  margin-right: auto;
> > >}
> >
> > It only works if you specify a fixed
> > width table.
>
> In Firefox this centres the table for me, even without the explicit
> width.

The problem is all the hackery you have to do for the less compliant
browsers (and all CSS-compliant browsers have their eccentricities).
Still, at least it keeps the hackery out of the html.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill