[Gllug] Getting Linux to work with Freeserve (Wanadoo) Broadband

neil neilcuk at aol.com
Mon Jun 28 11:22:05 UTC 2004

Alex Mc Kever wrote:

> I,ve a dual boot system with Freeserve broadband using the Alcatell
> speedtouch modem. It works great under Windows but I cannot get it
> work with Linux. Does anyone have a simlar system that works and can
> anyone tell me the settings needed. I've try contacting Wanadoo but
> haven't had any luck. I'm using Linux Mandrake 9.2.

I've been using the Alcatel speedtouch modem over Linux for a couple of
years now. The unix tools and documentation available have grown since I
started. Do a search in sf.net for 'alcatel' for a complete list. The
first result - 'Speedtouch USB for *nix' is the package you will need.
It has an excellent howto in the doc-linux directory.

all the best
neil

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk