[Gllug] re spam

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 27 15:43:49 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 23 Jun 2004 7:43 pm, Alistair Mann wrote:

> In the real world, sending a garbage message would provide further
> information, even better if one can add a url too: in the first case, some
> refusals don't occur until after a message is sent, in the second the
> server logs would note that a particular url was accessed therefore
> confirming the address as one leading to a human.

Also, some of the less intelligent e-mail clients running in the M$ world can
automagically open URLs included in e-mails (by default) as a "convenience
feature", so there can be automatic confirmation of address validity!  This
was one "feature" that I used to demonstrate the innate vulnerability of M$
e-mail clients - the other was automatic rendering (and execution) of html
mail.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk