[Gllug] Traceroute query

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Wed Jun 2 12:58:08 UTC 2004

On Jun 02, 11:53, Nix wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2004, Richard Turner stipulated:
> > I tried to install Potato once and although I could have found all the
> > hardware information it wanted fairly easily it was less effort to use
> > the CD of any other distro, which would detect all those things for me,
> > than go hunting for and through the manuals for all my hardware.
>
> I'll profess confusion here. How do you acquire a PC without knowing
> what its hardware spec is?

With suprising regularity! ;P

Usually a old box from some one who has old kit that will not run Window
XP and they give it away or a 35UKP special from the computer fairs for
a firewall/router etc.

The command lspci -vv usually makes life a doddle to select the correct
drivers etc.

Peace Jim
--
 If you can piss in it it's craft, if you can piss on it, it's art.
 --Thor Froslov

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk