[Gllug] Can I obtain a list of IP address block allocations?

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Wed Jun 9 14:28:18 UTC 2004

And verily, didst Chris Bell announce to the hordes:

> Hello,
>    If I receive a junk email I do a whois search, based on the authenticated
> IP address, for the correct reporting address and send the email to the ISP
> of the sender. I do not bounce the email back to the sender.
>    Some locations only provide whois information in English with
> restrictions. For example Korea provides a web facility which requires the
> use of Macromedia Flash. Can I obtain a full list of IP addresses allocated
> to such an area so that I can block ALL emails from these areas?
>    The last one came from 203.252.71.93 which resolves to a block allocated
> to Kangwon National University, but there is no reporting address given.

If the text address ends in .kr, can't you just (assuming sendmail here) add
.kr to the access list along with a "550 No spammers! Go away!" error
message?
:)

It might not capture all korean IPs (some might be .com, .net or .org), but
it'd capture a majority, I'd think, unless they spoof...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk