[Gllug] SpaceShipOne launch

Ashley Evans ashley at seamlessrecruitment.com
Mon Jun 21 12:31:31 UTC 2004

John Hearns wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 12:16, Richard Jones wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know if there's a reliable webcast, or terrestrial TV
>>broadcast of the SS1 launch today?
>>

>http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/SS1_guide_040618.html
>

>The www.msnbc.msn.com page on SpaceShipOne promptly crashed
>my browser.

I'm disgusted, though not surprised to find "Operating system not
supported"on the free video section os the msnbc story on SpaceShipOne.

This is just another reason to back up my view that companies should be
regulated in such a way that they are only allowed to enter one area of
business. Microsoft should stick to computer software. Supermarkets
should stick to SELLING food, not chemically-condidtioned cheap crap or
credit cards. At the very least there should be laws against compaines
provideing services or products in areas where the is potential for
conflict of interest. A case high-lighted by coke(schweppes - goggle
reveals this is now Cadbury Schweppes (it just gets worse)) forceing a
video shop owner to stop selling Buxton water and replace it with their
rather controversial, failed "pure" water Dasani[0]. Needless to say,
the video shop is located in Buxton itself.

There are so many cases where this kind of thing is causing anything
from minor annoyence to much worse things[1]. The list goes on and on.

I'm no revolutionist but there's gotta be a better way!

Sorry for the the rant but, the office is empty and once again MS made
my blood boil.

Ashley

[0] I can't find a link to the Buxton story but news.bbc has 5 stories
on Dasani itself. I found out about this from a recent BBC 2 program,
the name of which escapes me.

[1] Oil company patents on alternative fuels etc
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk