[Gllug] Live CD Firewalls

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 19 17:07:27 UTC 2004

On Wed 16 Jun, Ian Norton wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote:
>
> >   I have an old box already set up and loaded with ipcop and three 10BaseT
> >ethernet interfaces which is sitting powered but not actually being used at
> >present, another one is already in use on my ADSL feed. It is very easy to
> >re-configure, and could be used as a temporary replacement. However it does
> >not have any anti-virus facility as I do not run M$.
> >

> Us linux folks are supposed to be about freedom and forward thinking,
> think of all the energy that box is using without any need ;-)
>
> Ian

   Sorry about the late reply, your email had to struggle to get through and
has only just arrived.

   In fact, the box running ipcop is sitting between a pair of "invisible"
bridges so that I can play with their setup, while the main connection
between my network and the ADSL modem is via another firewall link at
present. Just some of the uses for a selection of old boxes.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk