[Gllug] Synergy

Sarah Ewen sarah at thaum.net
Mon Jun 28 16:29:25 UTC 2004

> > sitting on my desktop.  Synergy
> > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/synergy2) allows me to share one
> > keyboard and mouse (and cut/paste) between three different systems as
> > if they were the same system.  Cool :)
> To say the least - this is a killer app IMHO, and it just *works*!

I wholeheartedly agree that it IS the killer app.

Sadly a Win2K patch a few weeks ago made it fall over constantly,
and now I'm running the beta version with occasionally unexpected
async's for the linux client, causing it to fall over.

Amazingly it seems most stable for me if I run the server on the
windows box.

Until it settles down again my desk is back to looking like Comamnd
Central.

Sigh!

Sarah.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk