[Gllug] An article for you from an Economist.com reader.

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 11:42:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:37:32 +0100, Ashley Evans
<ashley at seamlessrecruitment.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> >BEYOND CAPITALISM?
> >Jun 10th 2004
> >
> >The open-source model can be applied to goods other than software, but
> >it has its limits
> >
> ></snip>
> >

> "By far the best-known example of open-source software is Linux, an
> operating system that is maintained by volunteers around the world..."
>
> Once again there's no credit to GNU.

Blah blah blah...

Anyway - since when has GNU been an example of open-source software?

You should feel free to write a concise, eloquent letter to The
Economist, point out the difference between free software and open
source software, and GNU's rightful place in the ecosystem.  Just try
not to sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth hippie or commie, and you'd
have a good chance of getting it printed, I think. :-)

> Ashley

Cheers
Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk