[Gllug] [OT?] Please sign my Google petition ...

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Fri Jun 11 11:13:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 03:03:28PM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> "Daniel P. Berrange" writes:
>
> >Sadly these units for font sizing are horrically inconsistent across
> >different browsers.
>
> But that's fine, because no one in their right mind would use them anyway.
> In fact, the only sane way to size text is to specify it as a percentage
> relative to the body font size.

isnt that what 'em' is?, surely, the dimensions of the letter 'M' in the
current text, I dont feel I should have the rite or option to explicitly
specify the exact size of font for a user, who am I to override thier
preferences? small, large etc are there for just this.

My fiancee has visual difficulties and here we have firefox and Ie set to
ignore style sheet or html font parameters, it works very well for her and myself.

Think of how inaccessible XMMS is if you cant read small text or have a monitor
with crappy contrast, it's the same sort of thing.

Ian

--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk