[Gllug] Free PC

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 18:08:39 UTC 2004

Matthew Thompson wrote:

> Although to keep slightly on topic I have a Sparc 1 I am looking to get
> rid of. Keyboard, Mouse, 17" monitor, VGA adapter, 2 and 4Gb hard
> drives. Currently running Solaris 9. 100Mb network adapter. It needs
> collection from Croydon if you want it.

Do you mean an Ultra1? A SPARC 1 wouldn't have a 100Mb NIC nor would it
run Solaris 9, and would be unlikely to have a disk even as big as 2GB.
It would also be a useless piece of junk except to an antique computer
collector.

An Ultra1 is not as useful as it used to be as it won't run Solaris 10,
which limits its usefulness as a Solaris test machine, but it'll run
Linux (e.g. Debian) fine and would be a nice little machine for someone
wanting to play with Linux (or *BSD) on a SPARC.

Regards, Ian

PS no I don't want it, I have 3 SPARCs already:)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk