[Gllug] Good quality audio cards

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 20 09:32:26 UTC 2004

On Sun 20 Jun, Dylan wrote:

> On Sunday 20 Jun 2004 09:53 am, Chris Bell wrote:
> <SNIP>
> >    Many people would think that the sound from their TV speaker is
> > good until they are able to switch between that and their hi-fi
> > system.
>
> Yes, but this is down to the abysmal quality of TV speakers and amps in
> general.
>
> Dylan

   I totally agree, but the quality of audio equipment does not increase
linearly with cost, and if you are attempting to reach the ultimate then you
must consider every part of the system, and then you discover some
unexpected complications.
   I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a pair of second hand BBC
speakers after a failed research project. They are by no means the BBC best,
they do not reproduce extremely low frequencies, but what they do reproduce
is very clean and can show up problems caused elsewhere.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk