[Gllug] D-Link DSL-300T ADSL Modem

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Sun Mar 28 20:29:37 UTC 2004

Dear Sharon,

I have the D-Link ADSL modem with four Ethernet slots plus
Wi-Fi.  The first box I had kept falling over, but it was
replaced without query and it's been running for well over a
year now without human intervention (apart from setting MAC
addresses for the Wi-Fi).  It sits in a storage cupboard in
our spare room.  I have both PCs (PCMCIA cradle and Wi-Fi
card) and laptops (just the Wi-Fi card) connected on and off
within my home network.  Not having to run wires where you
want to work is a great benefit.

A couple of weeks ago I installed the same setup (but with
upgraded Wi-Fi speeds) for my sister and it's also working
without problems (her machine on Ethernet and the kid's
machine on Wi-Fi).

The only problem that I've encountered is that some Wi-Fi
cards don't work with others.  Belkin and Buffalo are okay
with our kit.  You may well find others.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk