[Gllug] Light the blue touchpaper...

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Thu Mar 18 14:49:08 UTC 2004

And verily, didst Pete Ryland announce to the hordes:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 08:22:10AM -0000, john at sinodun.org.uk wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > Perhaps, but wrote-learning times tables hasn't helped me in over 15
> > > years.
> >
> > You're deluding yourself - it helps you every day of your life.
>
> You know, you're probably right.
>
> But I still don't see anything too bad in encouraging kids to learn
> computing skills as well.

Ahhh, but they should at least be kept off the computers until a time when
their more fundamental skills (reading riting and rithmetic) are good
enough.

:)

Specially if they're being taught to use computers to write all their essays
and things now, give the spoilt brats a pen and exercise book and only mark
it if it's IN the book, in freehand.

Then you can mark them down on handwriting as well as bad spelling and
grammar. (My handwriting's terrible by the way, so I'm not entirely being
biggotted)

:)

In my day we only got to mess with the 2 computers in the school (TRS-80 and
ZX81) during lunch hour. And then only if old humphrey cushion was around to
supervise.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk