[Gllug] Multiple Distro's, one swap partition?

FORSTER, David david.forster at mfi.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 10:51:49 UTC 2004

Morning all...

I can't seem to get any meaningful results on Google for this:

I've got a new laptop and I'm having difficulty installing Debian on it
(what a surprise!)
I'm going to persevere with it, but in the meantime I'd like to get
something simple like Mandrake, or maybe a knoppix hdinstall, up and running
on another partition... I was wondering whether I could save a little space
by using the same swap partition for both Distro's? Anyone tried that
before?

Thanks,
David.