[Gllug] distributed filesystems linux <-> solaris

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 13:25:16 UTC 2004

Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone tried distributed filesystems between solaris
> and linux? We have had problems with large files when using
> nfs on linux with solaris.

Was this a problem on Linux or Solaris? I had a few problems with nfs
server timeouts using (i think) the 2.4.22/23 kernels, but it seems to
have been fixed in 2.4.24/25. My definition of large files was 1gb or
there abouts.

NFS isn't really distributed (in that there's only one server with data
on it). However, if you're looking at NFS, what about SMB/CIFS (samba)?
Does Solaris support this?

David.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk