qmail dead ? was: [Gllug] ezmlm status?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Mar 11 18:54:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 bradut at intelesuri.net wrote:

> I use qmail at the moment and I am quite happy with it. Should I now
> start looking into alternatives ?

The answer to that has to be - are you able to obtain ongoing updates and
support for it?

If you are then it's reasonable to stick with it if you're happy with it.
If you are not, you should consider what your position will be in the
event of a security fault being discovered or a requirement for an
unsupported feature.

The MTA is very much a core service in most installations so I would want
to be running something actively maintained.

If you do decide to move, Postfix and Exim are both very much worth
investigation. I use postfix extensively.

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/		   Professional Hosting and Colocation