[Gllug] SCSI and /dev

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann TSCHUTZER-WEISSMANN at ofsted.gov.uk
Thu Mar 4 11:09:30 UTC 2004

>>> mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk 03/03/04 07:53pm >>>

> Are there any good alternatives to Crystal Reports? I'd kill for an open
> source cross platform reporting tool that integrates well with Windows
> and non-Windows platforms, provides an interface that non-techies can
> design reports in, and replicates the functionality of Crystal. I've yet
> to see a credible free software alternative...

Nope. I'm tempted to use xml-fo, but there are no good non-techie tools for it, as far as I know.
Out main problem with CR is that you can't automate printing to file. You can export to PDF, but we need to combine lots of reports into one document, and that's much easier with postscript than with pdf.
So we use an ugly hack.

Tom

We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage
sustained as a result of software viruses. It is your
responsibility to carry out such virus checking as is necessary before opening any attachment to
this message.

The information in this email and any files transmitted with
it may be of a confidential nature and is intended solely for
the addressees. If you are not the intended addressee, any
disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and
may be unlawful.

www.ofsted.gov.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk