[Gllug] IPcop Question

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Mon Mar 22 23:37:41 UTC 2004

Harry Mantheakis wrote:
>>Is there a firewall package you could recomend that has a web/gui
>>interface for configuring firewall rules ?
>

> I tried Guarddog for a while.
>
> http://www.simonzone.com/software/guarddog/
>
> It seems to do what it says it does - and there is a sister application
> called Guidedog for IP re-direction.
>
> In the end, though, I rolled up a my sleeves and grappled with IPTables
> until I tamed the little beast.
>
> One of many scary encounters in my Hobbit's adventures with Linux...

thanks to all for the suggestions - it looks like there is no perfect
solution at the moment...

(anything that requires X or hand editing of config files will end up
being added to my job)

but a little more digging has revealed an add-on for ipcop that does
pretty much what I want:

http://www.zpdee.net/~joecat/ipbancgi.html

I'm not so keen on add-ons for security systems (see qmail thread) but I
don't see a better option.

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk