[Gllug] Mandrake 9.2 and LG CDroms woes...

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Tue Mar 2 17:22:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

After stuffing two (yes two) CDroms on a couple of old Dell servers I did
a google and found the "well known" fact that 9.2 clears the firmware due
to a bug in the LG software.

I've downloaded the new drivers (from both the LG and Dell site) for the
8482B CDrom and install software but its not finding the drive.  I've
followed the instructions in the dead.gif about putting the jumper across
the correct pins but to no avail, the install jsut says it can't find the
drive.

Has anyone else trashed a LD cdrom with 9.2 install and recovered?

Cheers

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk