[Gllug] anyone know a source for 3.5" DSDD floppy disks?

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Mar 22 15:16:51 UTC 2004

"Henrik Morsing" writes:

>The only Unix server I've *ever* seen *without* a floppy is IBMs pSeries
>630. Even the massive p690s has floppy drives.
>I've worked with all IBM server type for the last 8 years and SUN E250s
>and E450 and they've ALL had floppy drives and still do!

Looking at the machines I use:

	Sun Netra T1
	Sun V120
	Sun V210
	Sun Sunfire V480
	IBM pSeries model 614 (IIRC)

None of these have a floppy drive. The ones that do are:

	IBM pSeries model 615
	Compaq Alpha ES40

But on the evidence I have, it seems to be more common not to have a
floppy.

>> Besides, if you want to copy an SSH key across, why not just use SCP?
>
>BUT HOW CAN YOU DO THIS WHEN THE KEYS AREN'T INSTALLED!!!

With a password? It's how I've always done it, and I haven't had a
problem yet...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk