[Gllug] Mouse pointer drifts to the right

john at sinodun.org.uk john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Mar 11 18:20:11 UTC 2004

> <john at sinodun.org.uk> writes:

[snip]
>> I'm currently trying out the earlier suggestion of switching to a SW
>> cursor.  So far so good, but of course it will take a while to be
>> sure. John
>
> As I said, I had the exact same problem with an SiS chipset. The
> pointer didn't drift, it was just in the wrong place. The software
> cursor fixed it.

Yes, "drift" is probably the wrong word.  It starts out in the right place
and then suddenly, and for no discernible reason, leaps 1cm to the right.
It then stays there and won't come back.
So far so good on the SWCursor front.  It's been two working days since I
put it in and I haven't had the problem.  Fingers crossed and many thanks
for the suggestion.
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk