[Gllug] GLLUG Shirts

Harry gllug at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 19:39:53 UTC 2004

Sarah Ewen wrote:
> Is using HTML to bring a little colour, shape and life into
> a simple email such an evil thing to do when the MIME type is set?

Is smoking a cigerette such an unhealthy thing to do when the warning is
on the packet. Unfortunately.... it is. There are more reasons than I
could ever dream up why sending html mail is be bad.

> If it brightens somebody's day to send emails with a background,
> or write in blue comic sans serif, can we just let them be, and
> grant them a few K, instead of immediately, predictably whining?

Why! Why! Why! do people always *assume* that they know better than me
what I want. If I want you to brighten my day by sending me a colourful
email I'll join the "brighten my day with colorful email mailing list"
but until then do not assume anything about people.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk