[Gllug] Reminder - Distro Wars!

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Fri Mar 12 10:07:22 UTC 2004

Last night at the LONIX meeting in DeHems bar,
four teams battled it out for the glory of their favourite
distribution.

Team Debian captained by James Bromberger, Redhat by Paul Nasrat,
Slackware by Tushar Joshi and SuSE by Neale.

Points were awarded Formula 1 style: 10 for winner, then 6 4 2

Arm wrestling was won by Stephen Harker for Team Debian,
and I hope his drinking arm isn't permanently affected.

A nailbiting round of 'best of three' paper, scissors, stone
went to sudden death and was won my James for Team Debian.

The next round was drinking a single pint, then upending the
empty glass over the head. This was won in fine style by Tushar for
Slackware.

Apologies to Olly, but the beer mat flipping was cancelled due
to a shortage of mats.

With Debian in the lead, the other teams had everything to play for
in the final round which consisted of a twenty question quiz.
One point for each correct answer.
I won't give the questions away, as I might want to recycle them,
but I can say that I was surprised to get correct answers to
some real stinkers.
Congratulations to all - and remember to keep up with the Linus
trivia if there is ever to be a return match.

Final scores were:
Debian    37 points
Slackware 27 points
SuSE      22 points