[Gllug] Linux Party!

Brian Teeman brian at uklinux.net
Sat Mar 27 13:16:51 UTC 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Dan Kolb wrote:

> adam at thebowery.co.uk wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 06:43:26PM +0000, Brian Teeman wrote:
> >
> >>Arent AFFS paying your expenses??
> >
> > They would do but I would feel bad if I got too drunk on the first night and
> > didn't make it for the second day of the show ;) Also we don't have a huge
> > amount of cash so paying everyones expenses would make it an expensive
> > proposition. Of course if everyone on this list joined the AFFS then we could
> > probably afford to pay more expenses (hint, hint, url in .sig) ;)
>
> So we should give them our money so you can get drunk essentially at our
> expense? ;-)
>
> Dan

No.

But surely AFFS funds are there  to "promote" Free Software. And what
better way than by ensuring people are not out of pocket by doing so.

LinuxUser & Developer Expo will be one of the biggest opportunity to
promote Free Software in the UK. For the first time in years Red Hat will
be exhibiting, as are SuSE, IBM etc

Brian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk