[Gllug] Currency Symbols

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Mar 25 16:47:28 UTC 2004

Dear GLLUGers,

I'm running RH 8.0 that's up-to-date using Fedora Legacy.
Environment variables LANG and LC_* are all en_GB, except
for LC_ALL which is blank.

1. The GBP key is above the 3 on my keyboard.  Shift-3
   indeed displays the GBP symbols.  Within emacs shift-3
   yields a beep and no character.  Any ideas?

2. Does anyone know how to get the EURO symbol to work?

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk