[Gllug] Light the blue touchpaper...

john at sinodun.org.uk john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Mar 17 17:07:58 UTC 2004

[snip]
> Sorry, there just isn't time in the syllabus if kids are going to leave
>  schooling at 21. If you talk to teachers today you will find that they
>  are hard pressed to include everything on today's syllabus, and you
> want  to add a lot more too it.

Speaking as a [newish] Maths teacher I'd agree with you up to a point.  It
is indeed very difficult to cover the GCSE Maths syllabus in the time
available.  And yet the odd thing is that there's far *less* on the
syllabus than there was when I did 'O' level Maths.  Why we could do more
in less time then is one of those open questions.
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk